Win your own design hand carved in wood.
Whilst I enjoy creating my own designs, sometimes I feel I need a little extra inspiration, especially in the dark days of winter.
So, this is a competition to design a piece of jewellery. It can be a brooch, necklace, earrings, comb, kilt pin or bangle/bracelet.
It can be as simple or as intricate as you wish.
The winner will be the de…sign that I like the most.
Please bear in mind that it is to be hand carved in wood, though you do not necessarily have to have a working knowledge of this material – if I like your design best, I will adapt it to suit if need be.
You can look at my website: www.woodlandtreasures.co.uk to see the sort of things I make, but I am quite prepared to consider ideas outside my usual mind-set.
The prize will be to have the design made for you in return for me being able to produce it to sell to others.
HOW TO ENTER
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea(s) attached. Up to four designs will be accepted per entry.
They can be scans or photos of your sketches or other manifestations of computer image/design technology that I am unaware of, so long as I can open them on my P.C.
Please keep the total size of attachments to less than 3MB, as my broadband is slow and it will take too long to download.
All designs must be your own work. Submitting anything copied from anyone else could breach their copyright and may result in prosecution (as well as just being plain wrong).
Copy and paste the “Terms and Conditions” below into the message of the email and add your name after the “I agree” section.
The closing date for entries is 6pm (UK GMT) Friday 10th January 2014.
The winner will be announced on Facebook at or soon after 6pm (UK GMT) on Sunday 12th January 2014, together with an image of the winning design and will also be contacted directly by email.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All designs submitted must be the original work of the entrant.
2. The contestant agrees that if their design is chosen as the winner it may be reproduced as a piece of hand carved wooden jewellery in any numbers by Geoff King (currently trading as “Woodland Treasures”), to sell through any outlets available for an indefinite period of time.
3. No monetary payment will be paid to the winner
4. The winner will be judged and chosen by Geoff King. It will be a totally subjective decision that cannot be appealed against or challenged in any way.
5. The creator of the winning entry will receive their design hand carved in wood within six months of the closing date of the competition, shipped to the address of their choice anywhere in the world at no cost to themselves.
6. The closing date for entries is 6pm (UK GMT) Friday 10th January 2014.
7. The winner will be announced at or soon after 6pm (UK GMT) on Sunday 12th January 2014.
8. If your design is not chosen as a winner, I will delete it from my computer and keep no copy or record of it.
I hereby agree to the terms and conditions above.
I very much look forward to receiving your entries. good luck everyone!